Some “essential questions” to open the conversation
- Most money spent for energy goes out of state. Should we be focused on producing more renewable energy locally?
- What types of renewable energy would we want to see in Needham (solar, wind, biomass, combined heat & power…)?
- Green Needham has worked with the Town on getting a wind feasibility study underway at the RTS, and has outlined the possibility of up to 2 MW of Solar PV there as well.
- What can we do to support the development of new types of energy and related businesses in Massachusettts? How important is that to us? How aggressive do we want to be?
- Caroline Templeton, Wellesley College
- Rachel Shmulevich, Needham High School
- Michael Greis – Chair, Green Needham
- (781) 559-4623
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- (617) 315-9355
Breakout Group Basics