2001 Summit: The Green Economy – Opportunities and Skills
- Breakout Group Basics
Some “essential questions” to open the conversation
- How do we keep and promote “green jobs” in MA?
- Should the focus be on educating skilled workers ? (and what are those skills?)
- Should we be creating the infrastructures and/or incentives necessary for companies to thrive?
- Should we making substantial investments now rather than waiting?
- What might be some solutions to producing real products here vs. offshore or even in another state?
- Choices: wind products are large while solar modules are small
- Manufacturing sites
- Quicker response to demand
- Elli Blaine, Wellesley College
- Marisa Leone, Needham High School
- Amy Perlmutter – Perlmutter Associates
- (617) 354-5456
- UMass Lowell Center for Sustainable Production’s Clean Tech Initiative
- Cathy Crumbley, Program Director (978)934-2980
- New England Clean Energy Council