Are you thinking of buying an Electric Vehicle (EV), but have questions and don’t want to talk to a car salesman? Would you like to talk to someone who actually owns an EV, maybe the actual EV you are considering? Wondering about charging at home? How much it will cost to run? Green Needham can provide expert advice that is free from commercial bias (we’re not trying to sell you something). We can meet with you in your home or over the phone to help answer your questions.
What we can do:
- Explain how EVs work
- Explain the “range” issue and how you charge on the road
- Review what you will need to charge at home and how long it will take to fully charge the car
- Give you an idea of how much it will cost per mile compared to a gas-powered car
- Describe the maintenance requirements (practically none)
- If you have solar or are thinking of adding solar to your home, help you figure out how much solar capacity will be needed to provide the energy for the EV
- Provide you with a comparison of the carbon emissions of an EV vs. the gas car you currently own
- Explain the tax credits available from the State and Federal Governments
So, ask a Green Needham expert your EV questions by submitting the form below
Do you have expertise to share? Please contact us. With additional volunteers, we can help more Needham residents.