Green Needham Collaborative is a volunteer organization dedicated to securing a better future through local action. We engage in concrete projects to create a more sustainable and economically healthy community — one which is committed to reducing carbon emissions and using resources wisely.
Through Green Needham, individuals and organizations work together on projects that improve sustainability. Green Needham and its members lead and execute some projects while collaborating organizations take the lead on other projects.
Our collaborating organizations, where the affiliation may range from simple information sharing and cross-participation of members to active and formal collaboration on projects and activities, include the following:
- Olin College
- Needham Public Schools
- Needham League of Women Voters – the Needham League and Green Needham have worked closely together since Green Needham was created, and Green Needham often co-sponsors League events.
- Town of Needham
- Needham Community Farm provides educational opportunities for the community and grows fresh produce for those in need.
- Needham Bikes is a biking advocacy group that promotes the safe and widespread use of bicycles for transportation and recreation in Needham.
- Green Newton
- Sustainable Wellesley
- Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce – the Chamber’s Environment Committee educates and inspires local businesses about ways to incorporate environmentally friendly practices into their daily business operations while saving money at the same time.
- Bay Colony Rail Trail Project is promoting a rail trail conversion of the unused rail line between Needham and Medfield.
- Needham Interfaith Environmental Network is an informal forum that enables environmentally minded congregants at local houses of worship to support each other, share information, and collaborate on projects such as legislative advocacy.
- Massachusetts Climate Action Network (MCAN) – Green Needham is a participating member of MCAN.