Green Needham Collaborative is a volunteer organization dedicated to securing a better future through local action. Partnering with community groups, businesses, town government, local schools, colleges, and houses of worship, we work to reduce carbon emissions and promote the wise use of resources.
Recent News and Updates
- You may be forgiven if you don’t regularly read the inserts that come with your bills – or, if you receive your bills electronically, you may not see anything at all. But a busy life shouldn’t cause you to miss...Read More »
- Photo: Adam Welz People aren’t talking about climate change enough. 65% of people in the US “rarely” or “never” talk about climate change. Only 20% say they hear people they know talk about climate change at least once a month. Nearly 2...Read More »
- Jennifer Darling, owner of Darling Hair Boutique in downtown Needham, first became interested in “green products” about 15 years ago. She was having some skin issues, and noticed that products with botanicals (and shorter ingredient lists) were less irritating on...Read More »
- 2nd Hand Rose of Needham, a consignment store located at 937 Great Plain Ave. in downtown Needham, (open Mon-Sat 10am-6pm), operates under a sustainable business model: By selling only used clothing on consignment, they practice all 3 “R’s”: They Reduce the...Read More »
- It’s better for your clothes, your wallet, and your planet Like most people, I thought it needed to be warm water until a couple of years ago, but it turns out that’s not the case anymore. Why? Because they don’t...Read More »