Home Energy Assessments
Join your 278 friends and neighbors who had an assessment/follow-up work in 2018, and are now saving money and energy.
Mass Save Program
Mass Save is an initiative sponsored by Massachusetts’ natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers that administers our state’s energy efficiency programs. Electric customers pay a small “energy efficiency” charge every month on their electric bill, which pays for the programs. Since you are already paying for it, you should take advantage of it!
Here’s how it works:
- Contact our Mass Save partner HomeWorks Energy at our Needham Saves page to sign up for your no-cost energy assessment.
- HomeWorks Energy will connect with you to schedule a convenient time for your home energy assessment and answer any questions you have about the program.
- The no-cost assessment is available to all residents in 1-4 family homes, whether they have gas, electric or oil heat. (Contact Mass Save if you live in an apartment or condo complex.)
Already had an assessment? Homeowners are eligible for another assessment every 3 years.
During the energy assessment, your home energy advisor will provide:
- A top-to-bottom assessment of your home’s energy efficiency, followed by detailed recommendations for energy-savings opportunities.
- Complimentary “Instant Savings” such as LED lights, setback thermostats, showerheads, “smart” power strips, and faucet aerators will be installed at no charge.
- If your home needs air sealing, it will be done at no charge to you. The home energy advisor will provide a complete scope of work, schedule the work with you and, in most cases, will arrange for inspection when the work is completed.
- If your home needs insulation, the Mass Save program will pay 75% of the total cost. The home energy advisor will provide a complete scope of the proposed work, schedule the work with you and, in most cases, arrange for inspection when the work is completed.
- Recommendations for upgrades to appliances, hot water and heating systems, as needed.
- Generous rebates on qualifying energy-efficient heating and hot water heating equipment.
- The opportunity to apply for 0% financing for eligible measures through the HEAT loan program.
- Detailed information about available rebates and incentives.
Read a testimonial from a Needham homeowner about his home energy assessment.
Check out Mass Save’s Online Home Energy Assessment and create your home energy profile. You’ll get an estimate of potential energy savings and cost-effective upgrade advice!
Please visit our Home Energy Savings page to learn more about Green Needham’s programs to support Needham residents.