Living Green in Needham
Greening Your Electricity Options
Make a difference – choose a green power option for your electricity
This section of Living Green in Needham explains how any electric customer can bring more renewable energy into the grid. For some people, solar panels are a great choice, and we provide information about that option, but for many, this is not an option.
Fortunately, even if you are not a candidate for solar, there are a growing number of green energy choices.
- Yes, New England has enough sun for solar! Explore options for both solar electric, (photovoltaic (PV) panels use energy from the sun to produce electricity), and solar hot water...
- Already have a PV System, but are now interested in adding battery storage? Read on to learn more about all aspects of battery storage, from reasons for adding it, costs, battery life, and where to locate it in your home.
- Green Needham's electricity aggregation team has been actively working to bring aggregation to Needham. Read more about this exciting way to add more green energy to our electricity mix. If you’re interested in updates, or would like to be involved as we move forward, join our electricity aggregation team. We will be providing education, outreach and advocacy in support of the Town’s progress towards an aggregation plan.
- Don't have a good roof for solar? Or do you rent rather than own? If you would like to take advantage of solar energy for your home, but cannot due to shading, orientation, roof structure or financial considerations, there is now another way...
- Green Energy Consumers Alliance, (formerly Mass Energy), is a non-profit that will match your monthly electricity use (in kilowatt hours) with local green power. Green Energy Consumers Alliance uses your money to buy Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) from carefully chosen local projects...
- Are you confused by solicitations from companies offering to supply electricity a price lower than Eversource? And what does it mean when companies offer the opportunity to buy green electricity? Read on!
- Greening Your Electricity presentation slides 3/2/15
- Greening Your Electricity: Questions to ask when Choosing
- Mass Energy-State of GMA Report FINAL (March 2018)
- Massachusetts Homeowners Guide to Solar Financing
- Massachusetts Residential Guide to Solar Electricity
- Solar 101 Handout – October 2017
- Tesla Powerwall Solar AC battery system specs
Resources on the Web
If you have questions, comments, additions, or would like to get involved in the “Living Green in Needham” project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.