Living Green in Needham
Some food waste is inevitable, but you can keep this out of the waste stream with a home compost bin. At the same time, you will be making great organic fertilizer for your garden and flower beds. And it's very easy to do.
Want to keep your food waste out of the waste stream but don't want to do it yourself? There are several different options available, including a new option at the RTS.
Needham is home to both a Farmers Market and a Community Farm. Check them both out!
Follow these simple steps to reduce food waste in your home, before you leave home, at the store, and storing food at home...
Support local area organizations that help feed the hungry...
Learn how the foods we eat affect the planet we inhabit, and what you can do to reduce your impact...
Learn why palm oil, which is found in many common food and personal care products, is so destructive to the planet...
- 3R Food Waste 12/08/15 event information
- Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry recipe
- Curried Lentils and Rice recipe
- Food Waste Educational and Informational Programs
- Locally Sourced Food Matrix
- Needham Local Food Sources – excel file
- Needham Local Food Sources – .pdf file
- Needham RTS Food Waste Recycling Program
- Quinoa Almond Pilaf recipe
- Ratatouille With Chickpeas
- Resiliency Gardens Project Flyer
- Tunesian Vegetable Stew