Here’s another reason to take the Meatless Monday Needham pledge to serve healthy, meatless meals once a week.
Meatless Monday Needham is offering participants who have taken the pledge a unique dining experience! On Monday, February 8, at 6:30 p.m., Chef Dave Becker, owner of Sweet Basil and Juniper restaurants, will show us how to create an unforgettable meatless meal while we enjoy the same meal (dinner for two) in our homes.
Here’s how it works:
- You register and pay $75.
- Prior to the event, you will receive an email with final details and a link to join the cooking class.
- Dave’s restaurant will prepare a three-course meatless, fully cooked, takeout meal for two.
- You pick it up at Juniper in Wellesley from 5:45 to 6:15 p.m. on February 8. Optional bottle(s) of wine, selected for the meal, may be purchased at pick-up.
- At 6:30 p.m., join Dave and other diners as we watch him live on Zoom preparing the meal from his home.
- Enjoy the meal while you watch!
The $75 fee includes: a three-course takeout meal for two, cooking class with Dave on Zoom, a Dave Becker cookbook, and a donation to the Needham Community Council Food Pantry. You will be emailed final details and a link to join the Zoom event prior to February 8.
Until January 15, this offer is open for early registration to all Meatless Monday pledge households; after that date, we will open it up to the general public. February 2 is the last day to register.
There is a limit of 100 Zoom participants. You may purchase more than one meal (each meal serves two). The event will be recorded and posted on our website along with the recipes.
The League of Women Voters of Needham is responsible for the financial and logistical arrangements for this event.
See the invitation for details on the program and to purchase a ticket.<