The Needham Community Farm is offering a unique educational experience this summer that will teach participants how to plan, prepare and maintain a vegetable garden using organic methods. Each week of this exciting series will have a different instructional focus as participants go through the process of planting and maintaining a 12 ft x 4 ft raised bed at our Pine Street location.
- Seeds and seedlings will be provided, or feel free to bring your own.
- 10% of the produce from each bed will be donated to the Needham Community Council Food Pantry. The rest is yours to enjoy.
- Registrants must be 16 years or older, but parents are welcome to bring younger children with them to the classes.
- Two households may share a single bed.
- If you are going on vacation: Two or more participants can make arrangements to cover each other during vacations or the NCF can help with maintenance for a small additional fee.
The fee for the program is $200 ($100 of this is a tax-deductible donation. The fee includes teaching instruction, seeds and seedlings, water, use of the raised bed through October and the produce you grow.) The two class sessions will fill up fast, so contact Debbie Schmill at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th to reserve your bed!
- Tuesdays from 10:00am to 11:15am - June 28th thru September 6th (no class on July 5th)
- Thursdays from 6:00pm to 7:15pm - June 30th thru September 1st