Do you have an old boiler that should be replaced but you’ve been holding off because of the expense, or because you only think about it during the winter when it’s cold and there’s a long wait? If your boiler is at least 30 years old, take advantage of this great opporutnity from NStar to save money and make your home more comfortable by replacing that inefficient, aging boiler. Act quickly to save money now and all winter long.
If you replace any functioning boiler that is at least 30 years old, you’ll receive:
- $3,500 if you have a natural gas or propane forced hot water heating system and you purchase a boiler of 90% AFUE or greater efficiency
- $1,900 if you have a natural gas, oil or propane steam heating system and you purchase a boiler of 82% AFUE or greater efficiency
- $1,750 if you have an oil forced hot water heating system and you purchase a boiler of 85% AFUE or great efficiency
Here’s what you need to do to take advantage of this offer:
- Have a no-cost Mass Save home-energy assessment and verify that your boiler is working and at least 30 years old:
– If you’ve already had a home-energy assessment by Green Needham’s partner Next Step Living, simply call them at 866-867-8729. They’ll schedule a short, no-cost appointment for an energy advisor to take a picture of the nameplate on your boiler.
– If you haven’t had a home energy assessment, call Next Step Living at 866-867-8729 to schedule the appointment. Tell them you want to take advantage of the NStar boiler replacement offer and they’ll expedite your appointment.
- Purchase and install your new boiler by July 31, 2012. This program has been extended through September 30, 2012. The replacement boiler must be installed by October 31st.