Home Energy Assessments
Important Update – February, 2017 Green Needham is excited to announce that we have chosen a new Mass Save partner: HomeWorks Energy. We will now be working with HomeWorks to encourage Needham residents to get no-cost home energy assessments, making the homes more comfortable and energy efficient while they save money and energy. And we will also be reducing Needham’s carbon footprint and helping to mitigate the impact of climate change.
Please visit our Home Energy Savings page to learn more about Green Needham’s programs to support Needham residents.
Mass Save Program
Mass Save is an initiative sponsored by Massachusetts’ natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers that administers our state’s energy efficiency programs. Electric customers pay a small “energy efficiency” charge every month on their electric bill, which pays for the programs. Since you are already paying for it, you should take advantage of it!
Here’s how it works:
- Call our Mass Save partner HomeWorks Energy at 781-305-3319 to schedule a no-cost, detailed home energy assessment, or visit their website to get more information.
- The no-cost assessment is available to all residents in 1-4 family homes, whether they have gas, electric or oil heat. (Contact Mass Save if you live in an apartment or condo complex.)
Already had an assessment? Homeowners are eligible for another assessment every 24 months.
During the energy assessment, your home energy advisor will provide:
- A top-to-bottom assessment of your home’s energy efficiency, followed by detailed recommendations for energy-savings opportunities.
- Complimentary “Instant Savings” such as LED lights, setback thermostats, showerheads, “smart” power strips, and faucet aerators will be installed at no charge.
- If your home needs air sealing, it will be done at no charge to you. The home energy advisor will provide a complete scope of work, schedule the work with you and, in most cases, will arrange for inspection when the work is completed.
- If your home needs insulation, the Mass Save program will pay 75% of the total cost, up to $2,000. The home energy advisor will provide a complete scope of the proposed work, schedule the work with you and, in most cases, arrange for inspection when the work is completed.
- Recommendations for upgrades to appliances, hot water and heating systems, as needed.
- Generous rebates on qualifying energy-efficient heating and hot water heating equipment.
- The opportunity to apply for 0% financing for eligible measures through the HEAT loan program.
- Detailed information about available rebates and incentives.
Read a testimonial from a Needham homeowner about his home energy assessment.
Check out Mass Save’s Online Home Energy Assessment and create your home energy profile. You’ll get an estimate of potential energy savings and cost-effective upgrade advice!