- This event has passed.
WBUR “Business In The Era Of Climate Change” Series: Part 2: Food, Diet And Climate
April 2, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$15
Business is the main source of the greenhouse gases that are causing the Earth’s climate to change. Business is also the main source of new products, services and business models that may save us from wholesale climate calamity. This 5-part series, featuring leading thinkers from business, environmental advocacy groups and area universities, will explore what businesses are doing, can do and should do to confront climate change.
Part 2: Food, Diet and Climate
The food industry contributes a lot to the climate change problem, but it also offers solutions. From sustainable supply chains to plant-based burgers with the taste and texture of beef and meat-like protein grown in the lab, new foods are exploding onto restaurant menus and family dinner plates. What challenges are companies facing as they introduce these new foods into the marketplace? How fast can we expect these new foods to catch on? And what are companies that are known for serving traditional meat doing to reduce their carbon footprint? Is big agribusiness getting on board with these changes–or standing in the way?
- Bruce Friedrich, Founder and CEO, Good Food Institute
- Ayr Muir, Founder and CEO of Clover Food Lab
- David Perry, Founder and CEO, Indigo Agriculture
- Nicole Johnson-Hoffman, President, Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef, former VP of Cargill
- Moderator, Barbara Moran, WBUR Senior Producing Editor, Environment