Green Needham Collaborative is a volunteer organization dedicated to securing a better future through local action. Partnering with community groups, businesses, town government, local schools, colleges, and houses of worship, we work to reduce carbon emissions and promote the wise use of resources.
Recent News and Updates
- The Newton-Needham Regional Chamber is assisting the 128 Business Council on an initiative that aims to improve transportation directly benefiting Newton and Needham residents, businesses, employees and customers. As a first step, the Business Council and Chamber need a thorough...Read More »
- Green Needham was invited to participate in the weekly Boston Globe West column, The Argument. The column features two sides of the argument on a topic of current interest in one of the Metrowest towns covered by Globe West. Rob...Read More »
- On November 29, 2017, a standing-room-only audience packed the Community Room at the Needham Library to hear experts from government, business, and a local college describe the achievements and challenges involved in reducing local solid waste. The purpose of Green...Read More »
- 12/18/17 Update: Mayor Walsh has signed the plastic bag ban for Boston. Read the story at the Boston Globe’s web site. This afternoon, the Boston City Council passed a plastic bag ban. All 11 councilors who voted supported the ban....Read More »
- “Stop Food Waste and Feed the Hungry in Boston at 8 p.m.” That intriguing opportunity caught the eye of Green Needham member Jay Delaune, who was perusing the volunteer listings on VolunteerMatch.org. One click led him to the volunteer page...Read More »