At their January 25th meeting, the Board of Selectmen formally appointed the Green Communities study committee. The Selectmen constituted this group to review the impact of participation in the Green Communities Program.
The Town Manager initially recommended the formation of this group at the November, 2010 Selectmen’s meeting at which Green Needham presented the Green Communities program and formally requested that Needham become a Massachusetts Green Community.
This group will be making a recommendation to the Board early this spring, so residents with expertise or interest are encouraged to provide input and feedback to the Committee and to attend meetings. (Until the Committee meets, if you have input or a question, you may enter a comment below and we’ll pass it on.)
The Committee is composed of representatives of various boards and departments, residents with specific areas of expertise and interested resident-at-large. Its members, listed by affiliation, are:
- Board of Selectmen - Jerry Wasserman
- Finance Committee - Rick Zimbone
- Planning Board - Jeanne McKnight
- Permanent Public Building Committee - George Kent
- Building Inspector (Ex Officio) - Daniel Walsh
- Public Facilities Department (Ex Officio) - Steven Popper
- Green Needham Collaborative - Michael Greis
- Realtor - Bill Dermody
- Achitect - Michael McKay
- Residential Builder - Robert Ernst
- Commercial Builder/Developer - Romeo D’Agostino
- Citizen with experience in energy industry - Ed Quinlan
- Citizen - Natasha Espada
- Citizen - Susan McGarvey
- Citizen - Gary McNeill
A meeting schedule is now being developed. Again, all meetings are Open Meetings, so interested residents are encouraged to attend the meetings if their schedules permit.