Different styles of homes offer different opportunities to save money and energy. Green Needham and Next Step Living presented two weatherization seminars in January with specific ideas and advice for homeowners of capes, colonials and ranches.
The January 17th workshop focused on ranches and colonials, which share some common features.
You can find the January 16th presentation on capes here.
A major goal of this presentation was to demonstrate weatherization techniques which are supported by the Mass Save® Home Energy Service Program. Homeowners learned how different areas in their home could be treated through weatherization. Attendees also learned how Mass Save® Home Energy Service Program covers these through instant incentives and the building science which supports the treatments.
Areas of Colonials and Ranches discussed included:
- Insulation (Mass Save covers 75% of cost up to $2000)
- Insulating Walls with Dense Packed cellulose
- Insulating Open Floored Attics
- Insulating Floored Attics
- Insulating Walk Up Attic Stairwells
- Air Sealing Attic Spaces
- Air Sealing Attic Hatches
- Air Sealing Pull Down Stairs
Sign up for a no-cost home energy assessment to get access to these Mass Save programs.