After last week’s heat wave, replacing your aging and inefficient boiler or furnace is probably not the first thing on your mind. But it should be, especially this summer. If your boiler or furnace is at least 30 years old, replacing it this summer could mean between $1,750 and $3,500 in rebates. And, you won’t face the long delays from busy contractors that you may encounter if your system fails in December.
If you replace any functioning boiler or furnace that is at least 30 years old by October 1st, you’ll receive:
- $3,500 if you have a natural gas or propane forced hot water heating system and you purchase a boiler of 90% AFUE or greater efficiency
- $1,900 if you have a natural gas, oil or propane steam heating system and you purchase a boiler of 82% AFUE or greater efficiency
- $1,750 if you have an oil forced hot water heating system and you purchase a boiler of 85% AFUE or great efficiency
Here’s what to do to take advantage of this offer:
- If you’ve already had a home-energy assessment by Green Needham’s partner Next Step Living, simply call them at 866-867-8729. They’ll schedule a short, no-cost appointment for an energy advisor to assess your boiler or furnace and determine your eligibility for the rebate. You must schedule this visit by August 31st.
- If you haven’t had a home energy assessment, call Next Step Living at 866-867-8729 to schedule the appointment. Tell them you want to take advantage of the NStar boiler replacement offer and they’ll expedite your appointment.
- Purchase and install your new boiler by October 1, 2013.
See all the terms & conditions here on the Mass Save web site.