Green Needham Collaborative is partnering with HomeWorks Energy, Inc. to encourage residents to participate in the State’s Mass Save program, which offers no-cost home energy assessments and discounted weatherization improvements to increase energy efficiency. All residents are already paying for the program through a surcharge to their monthly utility bills.
In launching its “Needham Saves” campaign, Green Needham emphasizes that the Mass Save program not only reduces energy use and utility bills, it also makes homes more comfortable. In addition to the no-cost home energy assessments, the benefits of the Mass Save program include 75% off insulation costs up to $2,000, access to zero-interest energy efficient home improvement loans, and other rebates and incentives.
“We’re excited to work with HomeWorks Energy to promote an excellent program that will help Needham residents save money and benefit the environment at the same time,” says Michael Greis, Chair of Green Needham Collaborative. “We’ve had great success with the program in the past and are looking forward to reaching many more Needham homeowners.” To schedule a Home Energy Assessment and see what other benefits and incentives are available, residents should go to HomeWorks Energy’s website or call them at 781-305-3319.
The no-cost assessment, which takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, provides homeowners with:
- A personalized report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements
- Installation of immediate savings measures, at no cost, such as (LED) light bulbs, programmable thermostats, and water saving devices, as needed
- Screening for eligibility for the ENERGY STAR® refrigerator rebate
- Air Sealing and Insulation recommendation, if applicable
- Infrared Testing, if applicable
- Combustion Safety Testing
Q: What other benefits are available?
A: The Home Energy Assessment report will include all applicable rebates and incentives, such as:
- 75% up to $2,000 toward the installation of approved insulation improvements
- No-cost targeted air sealing
- Generous rebates on qualifying energy-efficient heating and water heating equipment
- The opportunity to apply for 0% financing for eligible measures through the HEAT loan program (of up to $25,000 for up to 7 years) for services that include:
- Heating System Replacement
- Domestic Hot Water & Solar Hot Water Heaters
- Central Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
- Insulation & Replacement Windows
Join us at our “Needham Saves” kick-off event on Thursday March 16th at 7:00 PM at the Needham Free Public Library, a Home Energy Workshop. There will be a brief presentation about no-cost energy assessments, plenty of time to answer all questions about the program, and an opportunity to sign up for your assessment.