Needham resident Bruce Amsbary reported a great experience with the no-cost home energy assessment that he recently had with Green Needham’s Mass Save partner, Homeworks Energy! The assessment took about three hours, and was very informative – Bruce learned a lot about how his home could be made more energy efficient. Moreover, the Home Energy Advisor installed, at no cost, 20 LED light bulbs, two programmable thermostats, two “smart” power strips that reduce phantom energy usage when electronic devices are turned off but not unplugged, two sink aerators, and one water-saving shower head. Bruce is now saving money and energy, and reducing carbon output. And during the assessment, he learned that he could have follow up insulation work done, with 75% of the total cost (max $2000) paid for by Mass Save®. With such a great deal, he plans to add insulation to the floor of his attic! Bruce’s enthusiastic comment on the experience, was “For just three hours of my time, I had a very good dollar per hour payback!”
All Eversource customers are eligible for an assessment, and can have another one if the prior assessment was done 18+ months ago. Not only does a home energy assessment lower your electric bill, it reduce energy use and carbon output, and makes your home more comfortable. All residents are already paying for the program through a surcharge on their monthly utility bills.
The no-cost assessment, which takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, provides residents with:
- A personalized report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements
- Installation of immediate savings measures, at no cost, such as LED light bulbs, programmable thermostats, smart power strips, and water saving devices, as needed
- Recommendations for No-Cost Air Sealing and subsidized* insulation, if applicable
- Combustion Safety Testing
- Information about generous rebates on qualifying, energy-efficient heating and water heating equipment, and the HEAT loan program for heating system replacement, domestic and/or solar hot water heaters, central air conditioning and heat pumps (0% loan financing, up to $25,000 for up to 7 years )
- Screening for eligibility for the ENERGY STAR® refrigerator rebate
- Infrared Testing, if applicable
So, join your neighbors and save money and energy by calling HomeWorks Energy at 781-305-3319 or going to their website to schedule your no-cost home energy assessment.