Green Needham is excited to report on our success with our new Mass Save® partner, HomeWorks Energy (HWE), a leading Mass Save contractor that performs no-cost home energy assessments and free and/or subsidized follow-up weatherization work. Here are our results through June 30th for Needham residents:
|Number||Estimated Annual Savings|
|No-cost Home Energy Assessments||151||$45,300|
|Follow-up Weatherization *||37||$22,200|
|Total Annual Savings||$67,500|
* Mass Save pays 75% of the total cost of approved insulation/weatherization improvements, up to $2,000 max.
All Eversource customers are eligible for an assessment, and can have another one if the prior assessment was done 18+ months ago. Not only does a home energy assessment reduce energy use and carbon output, it lowers your electric bill and makes your home more comfortable. All residents are already paying for the program through a surcharge on their monthly utility bills.
The no-cost assessment, which takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, provides homeowners with:
- A personalized report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements
- Installation of immediate savings measures, at no cost, such as LED light bulbs, programmable thermostats, smart power strips, and water saving devices, as needed
- Recommendations for No-Cost Air Sealing and subsidized* insulation, if applicable
- Combustion Safety Testing
- Information about generous rebates on qualifying, energy-efficient heating and water heating equipment, and the HEAT loan program for heating system replacement, domestic and/or solar hot water heaters, central air conditioning and heat pumps (0% loan financing, up to $25,000 for up to 7 years )
- Screening for eligibility for the ENERGY STAR® refrigerator rebate
- Infrared Testing, if applicable
So, join your neighbors and save money and energy by calling HomeWorks Energy at 781-305-3319 or going to their website to schedule your no-cost home energy assessment.