On September 1991, President George Bush declared October as National Energy Awareness Month, encouraging government and organizations to raise awareness of the importance of sustainably managing the nation’s energy resources. We’re halfway through October now, and with the weather turning colder, it’s a perfect time to schedule a no-cost energy assessment, so that you can maximize your home’s energy efficiency, which will also save you money on your energy bills. Already had an assessment? You qualify as long as your last assessment was 18+ months ago.
Green Needham Collaborative’s Mass Save partner, HomeWorks Energy, Inc. offers no-cost home energy assessments and discounted weatherization improvements to increase energy efficiency. All residents are already paying for the program through a surcharge to their monthly utility bills, so why not take advantage of it. And improving your home’s energy efficiency reduces energy demand, which helps address climate change.
The no-cost assessment, which takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, provides homeowners with:
- A personalized report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements
- Installation of immediate savings measures, at no cost, such as (LED) light bulbs, programmable thermostats, and water saving devices, as needed
- Screening for eligibility for the ENERGY STAR® refrigerator rebate
- Air Sealing and Insulation recommendation, if applicable
- Infrared Testing, if applicable
- Combustion Safety Testing – includes safety check to identify any risks like high CO levels, gas leaks, mold, and flammability dangers
After your assessment, HomeWorks Energy professionals make it easy to take advantage of additional Mass Save incentives, such as 75% off approved insulation improvements, No cost targeted air sealing, rebates of up to $3,250 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, and 0% HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades
Interested in learning more? Come visit with us at the GO GREEN Needham Expo.