Green Needham is pleased to announce that the Solarize program resulted in 52 new solar systems installed by Boston Solar in Needham, bringing the number of homes in town with solar PV to over 500.
Seven air source heat pump systems were also installed during Solarize.
Solarize Plus Needham aims to significantly increase the number of homeowners enjoying the benefits of solar PV, promote electric vehicle adoption and offer cost-effective air source heat pump technology for home heating & cooling.
What’s in Solarize Plus Needham?
Solar PV – Power your home
Air Source Heat Pumps – Heat and Cool your home
Electric Vehicles – Drive Green
- Let us know you are interested! We will connect you with the appropriate installer partner (Solar PV, Air Source Heat Pumps) as soon as the installers are officially in place.
- Talk with one of our solar coaches, Donna Vello and Paul Dellaripa.
- Already have solar? Share your knowledge and enthusiasm to help others go solar as a Solar Ambassador.
Watch our Meet the Installers event
If you missed the Meet the Installers night you can watch it here!
Listen to a Podcast
Learn more about the Solarize Mass Plus Needham program in this interview with representatives from Green Needham Collaborative, Boston Solar, and N.E.T.R., Inc.
- Air Source Heat Pumps 101
- Boston Solar General Residential Information
- Drive Green Testimonial Book
- Energy Efficient Heating with Ductless HVAC
- Mass CEC Solar 101 Presentation
- Mass Solar Loan Flyer
- Massachusetts Residential Guide to Solar Electricity
- Solarize Plus Needham Brochure
- Whole Home Air Source Heat Pump Pilot Program
Links on the Web
About Solarize Mass Plus
The Solarize Mass Plus program aims to increase the adoption of small-scale solar electricity systems and additional clean energy technologies such as battery storage, air source heat pumps, solar hot water, or electric vehicles through a grassroots educational campaign, driven mainly by local volunteers, and reduced pricing that increases the savings for participants as more units are sold. Solarize Mass Plus is a partnership between the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC), the Department of Energy Resources (DOER) and local communities, Solarize Mass reduces the overall cost of solar in municipalities across the state, helping residents save as much as 21 percent on average on solar pricing compared to the statewide average.
This is Needham’s second Solarize Mass program. The first, in 2014, resulted in the installation of over 100 solar PV systems in just over a year, a number that has grown to over 450 since.