Green Needham Solar Team
Promoting solar power to reduce carbon emissions, save money, and create jobs
Green Needham’s solar energy team is working to:
- increase the number of residential and business solar installations in Needham
- encourage the Town of Needham to take advantage of opportunities to utilize PV solar on public buildings
Would you like to join us in advocating for solar power?
Green Needham’s Solar Team welcomes your energy and ideas. For more information or to get involved, contact Nick Hill, email@example.com.
- Going Solar Helping more Needham residents benefit by installing Solar PV.
- Solar Successes Solar PV at work in Needham
Our plans for this year include:
- Promote residential solar through educational events and an informal “Solar Ambassador” program. Solar Ambassadors are friends and neighbors who have “gone solar” and are willing to share their experiences with others.
- Encourage the Town to decide on a site for a free solar array to be installed by Astrum Solar (now Direct Energy) as part of the Solarize Needham agreement.
- Engage in advocacy for legislation and policies that promote solar.
- Keep track of opportunities for Community Solar. Sometimes called a “solar garden” or “solar farm,” a community solar facility is a large, centralized solar power array. Electric utility customers in the same electricity “load zone” as the array are eligible to participate, whether they live in a house, condo, or apartment. Right now, there are no Community Solar projects available to Needham residents and businesses, but we are looking for options that may arise.
Let’s Talk about Solar. In March, 2016, Green Needham’s Solar Team organized a “Let’s Talk About Solar” program. An audience 50 people came to Broadmeadow School to learn about the new solar project at the RTS, as well as other solar efforts in town.
Solar 101 – Green Needham presented this introduction and guide to residential solar energy in March, 2013. You can now watch the March, 2013 Solar 101 on streaming video from the Needham Channel.